Olmetec Plus (Hydrochlorothiazide & Olmesartan)
30 tabs for $62.90
Adults can take Olmetec Plus to lower their blood pressure.
The hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan medoxomil that are found in Olmetec Plus combine to provide benefits to hypertension.
Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) olmesartan medoxomil blocks the angiotensin receptor. It prevents your body from producing the hormone that causes the blood vessels to constrict. Blood vessels are relaxed, lowering blood pressure.
A diuretic, hydrochlorothiazide, is also known as a “water pill.” In addition to lowering blood pressure, this increases urination.
High blood pressure cannot be cured with Olmetec Plus. Controlling it is easier with it. Even if you feel fine, it is essential to continue taking Olmetec Plus regularly.
Precautions of Olmetec Plus
Olmetec Plus should not be used if:
• Intolerant to any of Olmetec Plus’ ingredients, like olmesartan medoxomil or hydrochlorothiazide.
• If you are allergic to any sulphonamide-derived drug. They usually contain a medicinal ingredient ending in “-MIDE.”
• Have had an allergic reaction with swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips, tongue, throat, or sudden difficulty breathing
• Inability to pass urine or inability to produce urine
• If you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. Your baby can suffer harm or even die from taking Olmetec Plus
• Those who are breastfeeding. The presence of Olmetec Plus in breast milk is possible.
• Are taking aliskiren (such as Rasilez) to lower high blood pressure if you have diabetes or kidney disease.
• One of the following rare hereditary diseases: Galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, or Glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Olmetec Plus Side Effects
A few people may experience unwanted side effects from Olmetec Plus if they have high blood pressure. All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes, they are serious, but most of the time, they are not. Some of the side effects may require medical treatment.
There is a greater chance of side effects in people over 65.
Some types of skin and lip cancer (non-melanoma skin cancer) may be caused by hydrochlorothiazide, a component of this medicine.
There is a possibility that hydrochlorothiazide will cause you to lose your vision or experience eye pain due to high pressure (perhaps as a result of fluid accumulation in the vascular layer of the eye (choroid effusion) or angle-closure glaucoma).
This medicine contains hydrochlorothiazide, which may cause fever, severe shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, and slightly blue fingertips and lips.
Common Side Effects
Possible side effects are listed below. Please do not be alarmed by this list. Any of the following symptoms that concern you should be reported to your doctor:
- feeling light-headed, dizzy, or faint
- feeling sick (nausea) or vomiting
- stomach pain
- diarrhea or constipation
- an uncomfortable feeling in the stomach
- unusual tiredness or weakness, fatigue
- ‘flu-like’ symptoms
- runny or blocked nose, or sneezing
- sore throat and discomfort when swallowing (pharyngitis)
- swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles
- back pain
- urinary tract infection
- blurred vision
- skin rashes or eczema
- sleep disturbance
Severe Side Effects
These side effects could be severe. There is a possibility that you need medical attention. It is rare for side effects to be serious.
- skin rash or itchiness
- aching, tender, or weak muscles not caused by exercise
- painful joints
- fast heartbeat
- shortness of breath or tightness in the chest
- swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles
- yellowing of the whites of the eyes, dark urine, and itching of the skin
- symptoms that may indicate high potassium levels in the blood, such as nausea, diarrhea, muscle weakness, and change in heart rhythm.
Interactions With Olmetec Plus
Let your doctor know whether you buy your medicines from the pharmacy, supermarket, or health food store without a prescription.
There is a possibility that Olmetec Plus may interact with certain medicines. The following are among them:
- Medications used to treat high blood pressure
- Other diuretics, such as fluid tablets or water tablets
- Medicines that relieve pain, swelling, inflammation
- Supplements or salt substitutes containing potassium
- Products containing trimethoprim (e.g., trimethoprim)
- Lithium or antidepressants
- Diabetes is treated with insulin and tablets
- Heartburn and indigestion are treated with antacids
- In cancer treatments (including radiation therapy), corticosteroids and cytotoxic medicines lower your immune system.
- Medications used to treat constipation, such as laxatives
- Pain-relieving medicines (such as Celebrex)
- Epilepsy medicines
- An antiarrhythmic drug that treats irregular heartbeats
- Drugs that relax the muscles
- Cholesterol-treating drugs, such as Crestor or Lipitor.
- Aliskiren-containing medicines
- Colesevelam-containing medicines.
Olmetec Plus Dosages
20 mg/12.5 mg
Reddish-yellow, film-coated tablets with the debossed “C22” on one side contain olmesartan medoxomil and hydrochlorothiazide, respectively. It also contains talc, titanium dioxide, and red iron oxide. In addition to those listed above, it contains hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, and low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose.
40 mg/12.5 mg
On one side of each reddish-yellow, oval, film-coated tablet, marked “C23,” is olmesartan medoxomil 40 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg. It also contains hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, red iron oxide, talc, titanium dioxide, and yellow iron oxide.
40 mg/25 mg
Olmesartan medoxomil is contained in each pink, oval, film-coated tablet, along with hydrochlorothiazide in each 25 mg tablet. Inactive ingredients: hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, red iron oxide, talc, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, and low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose.
You should skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
Alternatively, please take it as soon as you remember and continue taking your medication as usual.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
You may experience unwanted side effects as a result.
Olmesartan medoxomil and hydrochlorothiazide are the active ingredients in this medicine.
This product contains non-medicinal ingredients including hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose, lactose, low-substituted hydroxypropylcellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide, red iron oxide, and yellow iron oxide.